question

claudius avatar image
claudius asked

BMV 700 do i need to use 2 disconects cable if using a fast batteries charger with hi voltage ?

I will have to charge directly my two 6 v batteries in series with a gas generator and a automatic battery charger that can deliver high amperage if needed . Will it be preferable to use two disconnect ( + ) and ( - ) cable to isolate the batteries from the monitor before charging the batteries ?

BMV Battery Monitor
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

claudius avatar image claudius commented ·

Fast automatic battery charger with high amperage up to 25 amp

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Dont really understand your question,

as what high voltage are you talking about and why would you want to disconnect the BMV700

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

claudius avatar image claudius commented ·

Hi Paul B, soory I should have say High Amperage up to 25 amp.

While doing dry camping, I will use my gas generator to recharge directly my agm batteries,

I think it might be the faster way compare to go true the camper charger. So because electronics are often sensible to variations, I was thinking adding cables disconnect to isolate the batteries from the BMV 700 . Do I need to do that ?

0 Likes 0 ·
claudius avatar image
claudius answered ·

Hi Paul B, soory I should have say High Amperage up to 25 amp.

While doing dry camping, I will use my gas generator to recharge directly my agm batteries,

I think it might be the faster way compare to go true the camper charger. So because electronics are often sensible to variations, I was thinking adding cables disconnect to isolate the batteries from the BMV 700 . Do I need to do that ?

1 comment
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

No you do not need to disconect the BMV unit and if you are using this as a SOC meter then it needs to be connected so that it can correctly measure what goes in and out of the batteries.

0 Likes 0 ·