question

luke85 avatar image
luke85 asked

Skylla-TG 24/100 low charging current

I have the 24V 100A charger to charge a 1500ah 24V bank, for some reason the charge current seems to be limited to 65A instead of the 100A it should be capable of:

My Absorption voltage is set around 29V and my bank is well below that. (around 25V with 65A charge current) The charger is in the "Boost" mode

I have turned the multi turn "I_limit" potentiometer on the PCB, I can reduce it from 65A but not increase it any higher.

I have measured the output current with a clamp meter to get 65A, the LEDs seem to agree, and I get about 40mv on the current meter output terminals (I'm not using a current meter, but that scales to around 65A so the charger seems to be measuring the current correctly)

The input voltage seems fine at 225VAC while charging.

I am not using a victron panel with remote potentiometer to reduce the charge current, but I made a few tests with different resistors on the terminals for the remote potentiometer. Agan, I can reduce the charge current by changing the resistance there, (seems a lower resistance decreases the charge current, and open circuit should be full current?) But still, with the terminals open, I only get 65A. When the terminals are floating, one of the potentiometer terminals sits around 11V, but I don't know if this is correct or not.

Are there any more checks / tests I can do with this? Is there a likely cause and is it likely to get worse? I don't suppose there are any wiring diagrams available?

Thanks, Lukeimg-4162.jpgimg-4161.jpg

img-4160.jpg

Skylla
img-4160.jpg (3.4 MiB)
img-4161.jpg (4.3 MiB)
img-4162.jpg (4.0 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Skylla-IP65 product page (12v, 24v)

Skylla-i product page (24v)

Skylla-TG Charger product page (24v, 48v)

Skylla-TG GMDSS product page (24v)

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic