question

jwfrary avatar image
jwfrary asked

I broke node red

Seems I have broken node red, when I try to access the GUI it just tells me the service isn't working, (but the flow is working in the background)

Could anyone point me in the right direction towards reseting node red to defaults/blank

Thanks

Node-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

@Jwfrary When did it last work? Have you done a firmware update recently?

At some point things moved from being http to https, so the communication flow is encrypted. So are you going to the correct URL?

Have you tried accessing through VRM?

Have you tried a reboot, or disable/enable node red just in case some process has has an issue?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) avatar image
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) answered ·

Without logging/error messages it is a bit hard to guess what is going on. Can you copy/paste/screenshot any error messages you see?
You can start Node-RED in safe mode via the (remote) console, which starts Node-RED without starting the flows. If you really want to go back to the factory defaults, you can remove the files in /data/home/nodered/. But I cannot think of a case where that should be needed.

2 |3000

Anders avatar image
Anders answered ·

I also experienced this:
I have tried to roll back to standard OS, and then back to Large without any success.
I currently only have access via VRM (I am not at site)

Any advice is appreciated
1699903514561.png

1699903514561.png (11.1 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

And starting in safe mode does not work either?
0 Likes 0 ·
Anders avatar image
Anders answered ·

Nope - Safe mode gives same Error message

2 |3000

Anders avatar image
Anders answered ·

I tried to turn on Signal K - That did work

My assumption is that whatever underlying code causing Nodered to fail does not get removed by a Firmware change.

1699907518751.png

1699907518751.png (39.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Anders avatar image
Anders answered ·

Update - Done nothing other than bringing if offline yesterday evening and online tonight. Vola - and Nodered is back:
1699996021335.png

1699996021335.png (52.1 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

Good to hear that it functions again for you. However, I'd like to find the root cause for this. If you or other people suffer from this again, you can tag me, so I can look into it. (I also need to know the vrm id and remote support needs to be enabled on the site then).

1 Like 1 ·
johnny-brusevold avatar image johnny-brusevold Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

@Dirk-Jan Faber I've had the same problem for the past few days, but when I checked after reading this post, everything seemed to be working fine. I haven't rebooted or changed anything, so it might look like a vrm server error.

0 Likes 0 ·
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) avatar image Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) ♦♦ johnny-brusevold commented ·

I also got another confirmation that VRM was having problems with the proxy passthrough for Node-RED yesterday, causing these errors. Luckily that has been fixed now and no further investigation needed.

1 Like 1 ·