question

David Gould avatar image
David Gould asked

Generator input on 3 parallel quattro's single phase

Hi, I have 3 quattro's in single phase giving 45kw. I want to connect a generator of about 8kw. Can i connect it to AC in 2 on just one quattro or does it need to be accross all three equally? If so can i turn the power down enough so i don't trip the genny

thanks

Dave

Generator
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas commented ·
you would need to connect the generator input to all 3 units using same size and length of cabling. If you have a gx device you can set the input current limit desired for the generator and the gx device will do the math between the quartos. With no gx device you will need to set the current limit individually in each quattro. Each quattro will need to be set to 1/3 of the desired input current limit.
1 Like 1 ·
David Gould avatar image David Gould derrick thomas commented ·

my concern is turning the power down enough for the generator not to overload. looking at the docs it can only go to 14.5 amps minimum so that is at a scrape a 10kw genny but really needs more. I was wondering if there was an option of just connecting to one of the quattro;s

0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas David Gould commented ·
You can limit the charging current of the quatros but you would need to monitor and limit your power usage of the passthru. I'm assuming you are 230v single phase?
0 Likes 0 ·
David Gould avatar image David Gould derrick thomas commented ·
yes, single phase and only need the 3 quattros as there are fronious on the output and need to observe the factor 1 rule. I know i can turn the power right down but i'm sure that means i have to turn assist off??

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

yes you can turn the ac power in limit down if you cant get it low enough then turn off power assist in all 3 inverters using ve Bus system configure. This will then allow you to lower the ac in amps further.

try it and see if that works ok with your system

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.