question

godoh avatar image
godoh asked

I have a BMV712, will not display "Power"

My BMV-712 will not display power. All other displays such as voltage, current, battery state etc work fine. When I go into settings and tell the phone screen to display power it comes up with a green tick next to it. But does not display Power on the screen.

Is there something I need to do to get my panel power displayed.

Thanks

Pete

BMV Battery Monitor
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

That seems to work for me.

Have you tried re-starting the app?

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

Check the 'Power display' toggle switch under 'Settings' > 'Display'

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

godoh avatar image
godoh answered ·

Hi Mark, it has no effect at all changing the display setting for Power. If it is on or off the Power will not display.

Toggling the setting appears to change things but the screen display never appears. All other settings work and can be toggled on and off but not Power.

Pete

2 |3000

Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

OK, sorry it looks like I didn't fully read your initial question.

I'm not sure if it will make a difference, but maybe try to switch it off & on by the actual BMV - #54;

If that doesn't work maybe try to restore all defaults - #62 or hold 'setup' & 'select' for 3 seconds. Just be are that you probably need to re-enter all the battery parameters after doing this.

2 |3000

godoh avatar image
godoh answered ·

I have it sorted. I updated the software and firmware and it now shows power.

Thankyou very much for you help

Pete

1 comment
2 |3000

Mark avatar image Mark ♦♦ commented ·

Good to hear Pete.

I expected the firmware to already be up to date as you have already been connecting via Victron Connect & it should have prompted you upon initial use/connection if the firmware is out of date.

0 Likes 0 ·