question

solarnovice avatar image
solarnovice asked

Parallel Multiplus II - Current Sensor readings?

I saw an issue raised elsewhere, but as an "answer" so both it, and my reply, will likely not be seen... so trying as a question:

-----------------

[pcbl answered · Sep 28 2022 at 5:35 PM ] I have used the current transformer CT (5m Long) clamped to the Grid AC line, on a multiplus ii 48V 70/5000 + cerbo gx + touch control with success, ESS more or less obeys the grid set point of 50W. However when I expanded to use two units of multiplus, current sensor to the master, nothing to the slave, cerbo gx reports Grid current incorrectly, although the 2 multiplus's functioned as it should, keeping the power at grid at grid set point, as measured by the Utilities Smart meter. Is there any setting on the cerbo gx that I might be missing...

---------------

[me earlier today] Has anybody got an answer to the issue just above:

ESS more or less obeys the grid set point of 50W. However when I expanded to use two units of multiplus, current sensor to the master, nothing to the slave, ...

I have the same issue - current sensor to MulitPlus II GX, Grid Set Point to 20W, dashboard reported 20W approx from Grid. Added second MultiPlus II and the Grid current reading is incorrect (and negative as above) - yet a separate meter shows the actual current from grid is the ~20W.

I can only assume it is a setting error on my part - any advice / suggestions much appreciated :)

SN

--------------

In short, we both have had current sensor and dashboard work fine with 1x MultiPlus II. Parallel a 2nd MultiPlus II, and although the system correctly follows the Grid Set Point, the dashboard reports an incorrect value ?*!

Thanks

SN

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wheeto avatar image
wheeto answered ·

I also have this issue. I previously had a single MultiPlusII in use, with an external current sensor, and figures displayed in the Cerbo GX were correct.

I have now added a second MultiPlusII and ESS is working perfectly as confirmed by a completely seperate monitoring system / current transformer (OpenEnergyMonitor) but the data displayed on the CerboGx is incorrect. Any ideas on how to resolve?

If this isn't a problem with the settings, how do I raise a bug report with Victron?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.