question

radustanila avatar image
radustanila asked

Quattro 48/10000 buzz - distorted sine wave in inverter mode

I had replaced 2 Multiplus 48/5000 running in parallel (no problem in this configuration) with 1 Quattro 48/10000.

After I keep hearing an annoying buzz from the Quattro when in inverter mode, I started to check in the problem. The noise is not the standard trafo sound that rises at high loads, but like a harmonic oscillation. It happens only alt low power loads < 800W-1kW. Above 1kW it disappearing. No meter what type of load the noise is present.

The washing machine is struggling to spin, the audio amplifier is humming (and is dead quiet normally), basically the noise is transferred in any equipment with a transformer/motor.

I have tested the output with the oscilloscope and the sine wave is very distorted. See the pictures/movie IMG_3407.MOV

480W loadimg-3708.jpeg1.6kW load

img-3711.jpeg

Any one noticed this? Looks like a glitch in MOSFETS timing

quattro 10kva
img-3708.jpeg (1.5 MiB)
img-3711.jpeg (1.1 MiB)
img-3407.mov (11.5 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Check to make sure that the AES is turned off as you may have it on and its set to high.

anyway turn the AES off and see how you go, otherwise I would contact your supplier for advise.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic