question

peterl avatar image
peterl asked

Multiplus won’t turn on when connected to Cerbo GX

Hi, I upgraded firmware on the Cerbo GX in order to support a Ruuvi sensor over Bluetooth. That worked ok but the Multiplus 24/3000/70 won’t turn on when the VE bus cable is connected. Disconnect the cable and the multiplus turns on as expected. Reconnect and the multiplus turns off. This hardware was working before updating the Cerbo GX firmware. So I updated the Multiplus firmware to the latest an the same symptoms occur. If I turn on the Multiplus with the Cerbo GX disconnected it works fine and goes into inverting mode. Reconnect the VE bus cable and it turns off and the display (Touch 50) says it’s on but in an unknown state. If I re-power the Cerbo it comes back but switching the Multiplus off and on results in the Multiplus turning off and staying off until the cable is disconnected. Any insights are welcome.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

9 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Check again that you plug the cable into the correct port.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

peterl avatar image
peterl answered ·

The cable is in the same VE bus port that it was before upgrading software. I did try changing to another VE bus port but got the same result.

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Can you make a picture?

Does the MultiPlus show up in the device list?

0 Likes 0 ·
peterl avatar image
peterl answered ·

Continuing to test, I find a conflict between Bluettooth and the Multiplus.. If the Multiplus is in the “unknown” state then the Bluetooth selectiion in the Settings menu is present and it can be enabled. It recognizes the Ruuvi sensor and sensor data appears on the Touch 50. If I re-power the Cerbo GX with the Multiplus ON it is detected and works as described earlier. However the Bluetooth menu entry on the settings menu disappears and Bluetooth doesn’t work.

Is there a debug file that I can capture and send to you folks for analysis?

1 comment
2 |3000

peterl avatar image
peterl answered ·

Hi Matthias, thanks for your suggestions. I am using a TP link UB400 Bluetooth adapter as I saw the note in the manual about shutting down the native Bluetooth channel when. temperature is > 53 degrees C. Regardless, despite disabling or enabling Bluetooth the same behavior exists for the Multiplus. If the VE bus is connected the unit won’t turn on unless the Cerbo GX is power cycled. The Multiplus works as expected when the Cerbo boots up but will never turn on again when until the remote switch is turned off and then on again. It is apparent that something is blocking the Multiplus on the VE Bus because the unit will turn on if the bus cable is disconnected.

I’m wondering about giving up on the Ruuvi sensor and going back to the previous software versions on the Cerbo and Multiplus.

2 |3000

peterl avatar image
peterl answered ·

what does it mean when the status of the Multiplus is “Blocked”?

2 |3000

peterl avatar image
peterl answered ·

My problem was resolbed by replacing the Cat 5e VE.Bus cable and taking out the 3-position remote switch on the Multiplus. Thanks.

2 |3000

spgtwice avatar image
spgtwice answered ·

any updates on this?i have same or similar issue. i boot up/power upthe Cerbo GX. i wait for it to get fully booted and wifi/bluetooth lights to flash etc. then i turn on the MP2. and the cerbo GX reboots tself. once it comes up, all is good. just doesnt seem normal behavior. i have a blue sea resettable circuit breaker on the cerbo pos power wire really just for a glorified on/off switch to the power as i had a fewo f the blue seas from a prior setup. still have the 3.1amp inline fuse. anyway, i can leave cerbo powered off, turn on multiplus from all power being off to the trailer. connect power, mp2 comes up inverting, and then turn on the cerbo and it comes up no problem no resestart. i thought it was the cerbo was to come up first, them mp2. do i have this backwards. both are grounded to the same bus bar though cerbo + is to power in, and mp2 positive is to lynx distributor via 2 x 2/0 wires. thoughts?

2 |3000

jana avatar image
jana answered ·

I also have a simmular issue. Some times when i turn off the MP when connected to the gx it would not turn on again unless i disconnect the ve-bus og i restart the gx. It i frustraiting and i dont know how to fix it.

2 |3000

jmw123 avatar image
jmw123 answered ·

Hi Gurus.

I can't ever turn my multiplus on from the Cerbo GX, I can turn it off from the GX though.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you

1710747907064.png

1710747907064.png (28.6 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

@Jmw123 If you are on the beta firmware, try the official v3.22 release.

0 Likes 0 ·