question

sheppy avatar image
sheppy asked

Add an MPPT and array to an EasySolar 5000

Hi. We have an off grid 4.6KW solar array with a Victron EasySolar 5000 and 14KW battery pack. All works well but the winter charging is poor and so we're looking to add another 4.6/5KW solar array pointing in a different direction to maximise the lower winter sun. How straight forward is it to add another array? I assume I'll need another MPPT but can that be added to the EasySolar 5000 or just direct to the battery store? And do they have any displays so I can what production the new MPPT is making? setup and install guides available. Thanks.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Yes, it is possible to add another MPPT to the system.
It would need to be installed outside of the EasySolar cabinet and the DC cabling would go to the battery via a suitable fuse.
The inbuilt CCGX of the Easysolar has a spare VE.Direct port to handle the data communication for your new MPPT. A VE.Direct cable will be needed to connect these two together.
Discuss with your installer to the best method for DC battery and PV wiring from your new array.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.