question

keith baker avatar image
keith baker asked

Multiplus 2 GX 48v /5000 70-50 overload message

Hi , I have a victron multiplus 2 GX 48/5000/70-50 , I updated the firmware the unit as shut down with overload voltage message, I’ve tried rebooting the unit not working I’ve read the manual cannot find a solution, all what is connected at the minute is lynx shunt 1000 and lynx distributor 1000 48v Lifepo4 cells. Cell voltage 54.04 at 90% .

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@Keith baker I have the same unit. I cant think what might have happened to the firmware to stop it from working. Its worth checking the basics first. IS the switch in the correct position under the unit? Is the link wire still in place or have you removed the link wire for external control? Can you connect to the GX part of the inverter via bluetooth? Is the unit doing anything at all? Some more information would be useful. Screenshots of your VE configure settings, photos of the installation and ideally a schematic of your system.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

keith baker avatar image
keith baker answered ·

img-0786.mov (55.0 MiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Jason - UK avatar image Jason - UK commented ·

@Keith baker The video to me looks like you are either off grid or you have no power on the AC in on the Multiplus, and then you have overloaded the unit on the AC out. When you over load the unit, I believe it goes to fault if after trying to invert / generate multiple times in quick succession. OInce this happens, the unit requires a reboot I beileve for it to start working again but if you keep overloading the unit whilst being off-grid, you'll shorten the life expectancy of the unit as you would with any inverter.

Several questions;

1. What Assistants do you have set up in VE configure?
  2. Are you trying to run a off-grid set up or has the power on AC in failed?
  3. The maximum constant output the 5kVa Multiplus will deliver is between 4 - 4.4kW. What loads are you applying to the unit? Peak loads? Continuous Loads?

Again, more info would be helpful than a short video reply.

0 Likes 0 ·