question

andreas-ziegenfeldt avatar image
andreas-ziegenfeldt asked

Switch SolarEdge from input side to output side on a Multiplus-II 48/5000/70?

My SE 27.6K inverter with 32.55kwp is installed on a separate production fuse straight after the grid meter. If a grid blackout happens I want the SE inverter to work.

Will the following flow work?

1. On blackout, switch the SE inverter to the output of the MP2.

2. Limit the SE inverter to 5kw (factor 1:1 rule) with a relay.

Configuration,

Enable phase shifting on the SE, config a PV in the MP2 as installed on the AC out side.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@Andreas Ziegenfeldt I had a similar issue with my 5.7kVa PV array and how to connect it to my Multiplus II 5kVa. With the PV on the AC out1, I have the NC/NO relay switching to make on grid failure which then makes the RRC (radio ripple control) connection on my inverter limiting it to 25%. I have 4 option, 75%, 50%, 25% & 0%. I chose 25% because that is closest to my base load.

If the PV array, limited to 25% output during grid failure, then exceeds my household demand the frequency shift on the Multiplus causes my PV inverter to shut down. That way I can maintain charging of my batteries during a power cut if I am not using all of the PV output.

1667229872150.jpeg

1667229872150.jpeg (322.3 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

andreas-ziegenfeldt avatar image andreas-ziegenfeldt commented ·
Ok, but my PV is installed on the AC in on the MP and I want to relocate it to AC out during blackouts.
0 Likes 0 ·
Jason - UK avatar image Jason - UK andreas-ziegenfeldt commented ·
@Andreas Ziegenfeldt you only want to relocate during blackouts? My PV used to be on the AC in but after I worked out how to connect it to AC out1 in a safe way, I did so knowing that I could have full generation when the grid was present but in the event of a power cut, it automatically reduced the PV output to be within the 1-1 rule.
0 Likes 0 ·
andreas-ziegenfeldt avatar image andreas-ziegenfeldt Jason - UK commented ·
Yes, because as I wrote it’s installed on a separate production fuse. The reason for the production fuse is that it doesn’t come with a annual cost. If I was to upgrade my main 20A fuse to a 35A it would cost me at least 600$ more annually.
1 Like 1 ·