question

saboken avatar image
saboken asked

SOC on new install? Capacity seems off. 2 Battle Born Game changers all Victron hardware

When my System was installed I purchased one Battle Born Game changer, they wanted me to spend the night connected to a 50a shore power. In my RV. They had the shunt set to 270AH for the battery capacity. This was correct until I had them install a second Game changer. I changed the AH in the Smart Shunt myself to 540AH before the second BBGC was installed when the Battery was at 100% it said I had 10 days runtime. When the second battery was installed it still said 10 days? Even after I changed the setting in the shunt. I won't have the Dongle to get into the Multi plus II until later this week so I can't see if anything is not set right in the Inverter? Is the 10 day a max limit? Or could another setting be off? The installer did connect a laptop to the system while they were adding the second battery but didn't tell me what he did? I'm trying to get it setup as I want for my Boondocking needs . It's almost like they left everything default from the distributor. I found they but from Battle Born directly for batteries and Victron hardware. Battle Born says they pre program the inverters before shipping. Except for small adjustments like AH capacity etc. Thanks for the help. I would think my run Time should have doubled. After putting a second 270ah Lifepo batteries. The service from this place was not what I expected especially after dropping over $14000.00 on the system.

SOCbattery capacity
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
saboken avatar image
saboken answered ·

Sorry for the bad spelling I can't see my phone screen it's cracked :(

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @saboken

Usually expressed as 240 hours, that 10 days would be an upper limit. For most people with solar, anything above 20 hrs is likely not worth looking at anyway. It's the time left down to the set Discharge Floor, so to test it raise that or give it some load to work with. Be patient though, it will be coughing this figure over a certain time of the applied load.

3 comments
2 |3000

saboken avatar image saboken commented ·
That 10 days is when I have it at minimal load, a few phones plugged in, my Mofi 5G mobile router, and a Gen 2 Starlink connected to the same modem/router. I ran it down to 68% last night. It just seems as if it's dropping as if it only had 270ah available. The first battery was plugged in to shore power overnight. After the second battery was installed it was also plugged in to let everything stabilize/balance as they wanted. Hopefully after running it down a few times it will figure it out? I might be back to square one because I have to buy the Lynx shunt to replace the Smart Shunt , it's what a wanted but they didn't have one available. The Lynx Bus bar is passive without the proper Shunt a waste money. Unless I hack it to give it power. I'm a little OCD about doing it right the first time.
0 Likes 0 ·
saboken avatar image saboken commented ·

Here's an example i just turned on the camper fireplace on low. The battery is/was at 67% it says 4 hours at that load on the 540 capacity remaining, I know I don't have the 540 left but is this the correct time left based on the current draw? It seems like the system is still using 270ah as the baseline. I could be completely wrong about how this should add up.

screenshot-20221031-063530.png

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ saboken commented ·
@saboken

Check your discharge floor percentage. Time to go is calculated to that value.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic