question

muebbel avatar image
muebbel asked

What is the Quattro 48/8000 doing?

It looks like the Quattro try to find the "correct/best" cos?

Then Link shows P (yellow) / S (green) and the Diff (red).

Graph-Snapshot

Bildschirmfoto_2022-10-30_21-19-51.png

Problem is.. everytime the Power (P) jumps up/down my generator gets some problems and the Quattro disabled the AC2-In for a few mins.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@muebbel

The Quatro usually synchronises (or tries to) with the incoming power.

Then there is the power assist settings (am assuming you are not using ESS assistant)

Check the frequency of your generator.

What is the size ratio of the generator to the inverter and what type of avr does it use?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

muebbel avatar image
muebbel answered ·

@Alexandra

I guess the incoming Power isnt the problem, because this graph is with power from the grid and only with ~ 1300W / 7A / 230V.

Here is a Link to the complete graphs (with input power): Link ( https://snapshots.raintank.io/dashboard/snapshot/dPhIBQUfqrmhP3FnxovHhNmtz7RxV6Xs?orgId=2&from=1667167200000&to=1667204368801 )

In this example (max ~1600W) the used power increases to ~ +500W and drops.. and this every and every time. If this happens with ~ 5000W the drops are much higher.

So the question should be (i guess) why increases the Quattro the Power and Drops?

Or maybe is it not the Quattro? Very strange.

6 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@muebbel

Are you using ESS assistant? Do you have a grid code set up?

Look at the VRM data is it feeding back to the generator when a load drops off?

If it is only happening with the generator not the grid, or with both?

0 Likes 0 ·
muebbel avatar image muebbel Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Nope, no ESS and no backfeed, the Quattro is just used as USV.

It happens with both, grid and generator.

I was playing yesterday with some grid-codes and adjusted for example the cos to 0.95 and so... did not change anything - the drops still there, just the diff between S and P has changed with the grid-code-playing.

For me it looks like the quattro try to find out $something .. but i dont know.
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ muebbel commented ·
@muebbel

Have you changed LOM detection?

0 Likes 0 ·
jep, but disabled it for both AC1 and AC2 (no device) and disabled the grid-stuff again because it dosnt change anything in my opinion.
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ muebbel commented ·
Uos function, Dynamic current limiting may be causing an issue, or power assist.

If the grid/generator falls outside of parameters then it disconnects. As it does not or cannot synchronise.

0 Likes 0 ·

for testing i add a 100A isolating transformer between the generator and the quattro - the generator works now up to ~20A. But.. the question is still: why the quattro all the time try to get less difference between P and S without "store" the best value for the ac-source. I will do a test tomorrow and check if the waves goes smaller with more ampere/load. Because i guess the quattro try all the time to be most efficient (as long the load is too less for him).

0 Likes 0 ·