question

hilton avatar image
hilton asked

NO Watt and Ampers MPPT 100/50

Hello

I have a small solar system 4 panels a. 175 Watt the system is connected to a BlueSolar Controller MPPT 100/50. When I look at my monitor I see that my panels deliver 80 Volt, but 0Watt and 0.2 Amper.

My battery monitor BMV 700 indicates that the battery is 100% full with a power of 9.5 volts.

The Phoenix Inverter 12/800 goes right on error. The system is located in the south of Spain

Where's the mistake?

MPPT Controllers
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bvazsolar avatar image bvazsolar commented ·
I had the same issue. I discovered I had the fuze on the negative solar terminal side. I moved to the positive side and now amps and watts are displaying correctly
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hola Hilton. I'm presuming freshly installed, not a failure.

The 9.5V is likely correct, indicating flat batts. Why the Phoenix is faulting? You must fix this, don't just leave it..

The 100% SOC won't be right, and the BMV will need a good tune-in. If it's somehow set to control anything, disconnect it's data link.

You'll need a multimeter to check the continuity of all your wiring. Check polarity too, especially of your solar wiring. Depending on your panel specs, you may have 2x strings of panels, so check both strings separately up to where they join together, then at the mppt.

Don't rely on the panel 80V to indicate anything at all. With no A it's meaningless.

Same with the 0.2A (bmv?), it may be just a zero-error, which can be fixed when you sort the real problem.

Sorry if I'm offbeam, comes with assumptions.. Good luck.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hilton avatar image
hilton answered ·

Hallo John

Fehler gefunden, <Sicherung zwieschen MPPT und Battery kaputt getauscht jetzt wieder alles OK

2 comments
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·

Ha, I'm not very worldly, but do have google -

Error found, <Backup between MPPT and Battery broken replaced now everything OK

Good work..

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ JohnC ♦ commented ·

sicherung = fuse

0 Likes 0 ·