question

victronthumbsup avatar image
victronthumbsup asked

MPPT150|35 Overvoltage without solar panels conncted

Hello Victron community,

I have a problem with one of my MPPT150|35A. Eventough I disconnect the solar panels I still get an overvoltage error #33 (Error code: #33 - Input voltage too high).

My setup consists of a pylontech battery and five MPPT150|35A controlled and monitored by a Cerbo GX. Every MPPT150|35A is connected to 6 solar panels. Three in a row and two in parallel. The open circuit voltage of a single solar panel 41.14 V so 124.2 V is the max string voltage.

All MPPT150|35A work like a charm expect one MPPT. This MPPT drops the error #33 overvoltage. The max voltage in the history of the MPPT is 130V.

First thought was, that this solar panels have the longest distance to the MPPT with approx 30m and the inductivity might be a problem.. I tested other panels with shorter cables and got the same error. Today I disconnected the solar panels completely and still have the same problem.

What are your ideas?

Thank you very much!

MPPT Controllersovervoltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@VictronThumbsUp

Did you uodate the firmware?

What programming have you done? Did the mppt detect the correct system voltage?

Was there an arc when you connected them?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

victronthumbsup avatar image
victronthumbsup answered ·

@Alexandra

Hi Alexandra,

the firmware version is the same as an all other MPPTs. It is the newest. The configuration is also the same. I get no sparks as I use switches.

Any other ideas?853a9f98-34ab-495a-81ff-2a14a8bf4a1e.jpeg

2 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@VictronThumbsUp

Will have to send it back to seller or delawrshio for an RMA.

Is it reading the battery voltage correctly?

0 Likes 0 ·
victronthumbsup avatar image victronthumbsup Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Yes, the voltage reading is very close to the values of the other MPPTs. I will have to sent it back.
1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic