question

andy-brown avatar image
andy-brown asked

Shore power is not connecting?

Okay, I apologise in advance for what is no doubt a very basic and poorly worded question but I'm still new to the world of inverters!

I have a recently fitted multiplus 2, with cerbo, smart solar and shunt.

This may be simple but can't work out. Is there a way to "force" shore power (AC1 on my system)?

The specific issue I have is that on a day when there's been little or no sun if I try to use anything with significant load the system keeps shutting down/restarting.

Tonight as example, when ironing the inverter runs the iron until the batteries drop to the point where they need charging but shore power doesn't permanently take over.

Equally, I may be entirely misunderstanding!

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
gazza avatar image
gazza answered ·

So you definitely have shore power plugged into AC IN and have confirmed it is live? How are your loads supplied? Assuming the multi is switched off (rocker switch central) with shore power plugged in Then switch on Inverter (rocker switch towards you), do you hear multiple relays clattering? If so, at that point power should be routed from AC IN to AC OUT 1 straightaway? Does that happen?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

What inverter do you have? An iron can be around 2500W so needs something above a 3kVA..

Not taking temperature into account..

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

Pass through?

Input current limit?

0 Likes 0 ·