question

someone7 avatar image
someone7 asked

MultiPlus-II - Virtually unlimited power thanks to parallel and three phase operation

The MultiPlus-II Datasheet seems to say that the models 8k, 10k, and 15k can only operate as a single unit. Is my understanding correct?

My question regarding the MultiPlus-II is how can I set up a 3-phase system that yields 30kVA?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

They can be in a 3-phase configuration just not parallel.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

3 phase 30kVa?

Or each phase needs 30kVa?

3x 10kVa units configured as 3 phase is a 30kVa system, but 10kW per phase.

For the time being you need to use the older quattros or multis.

2 comments
2 |3000

someone7 avatar image someone7 commented ·

What I meant was 10kVa per phase would give the 30kVa in total. I did not understand your answers... nickdb said that it is possible to configure the models 8k, 10k, and 15k as 3 phases just not in parallel. But you said that "For the time being you need to use the older quattros or multis." not really sure what you meant by this statement, can you please clarify>

0 Likes 0 ·
iand avatar image iand someone7 commented ·

It wasn't clear whether you wanted 30kVA per phase or total.

For 30kVA per phase you need to use the older Quattro which can be parelleled on each phase e.g. 2 x 48/15000 (6 total)

For 10kVA per phase you can use the MP II 48/10000 (3 total, one per phase)

1 Like 1 ·