question

mich avatar image
mich asked

ORION TR DC DC converter isolated 12/24 V 15A AS BATTERY CHARGER

My boat main system is 12VDC and I have to maintain the charge to a 24VDC battery bank (100Ah) with the Orion 12/24 -15A.

It's possible?

Thanks

Orion DC-DC Converters not smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Mich. Yes you can do that. Note it doesn't have a 'charge algorithm', but for a maintenance charge to a set V it would be fine. The manual actually doesn't say how to adjust it, but there's a small hole near the terminals for a tiny screwdriver to adjust what is presumably a pot on the pcb.

No flash bluetooth or anything, so you'd go at that adjustment multimeter in hand..

You can't overload it, it will just do it's best up it's capacity. I've a 48/12, solid & stable..

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-Orion-Tr-DC-DC-converters-isolated-100-250-400W-EN.pdf

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ripper avatar image
ripper answered ·

Note there is two types of Orions. 6 cables adjustable, 4 cables voltage set. Also called galvanic isolated and non isolated (cheaper)

2 |3000

miche avatar image
miche answered ·

JhonC, Thank you very much for your answer. I will do.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic