question

wburton avatar image
wburton asked

Loss of mains

Multiplus 120/3000/24 - installation (unboxed 22 April 2019)

CGGX Color Control (net connection), VRM, etc

(4) BattleBorn 12v x 200 AH batteries

BVM 712 Smart

The mains were detected - then when the CGGX arrived (4 days later) I connected that and updated all the software / firmware (auto). Many flashing lights / resets (expected). BVM712 took several as it needed new BlueTooth driver also.

Now, the mains LED does not come on - there is 120 volts on the terminals - 120v on the board behind the terms (bolts) - no transfer switch working (nothing detected there to transfer??) - there is an occasional click (relays) from inside the unit - CGGX (separate independent power) has "lost" the Multi (read about the plugging / unplugging the CGGX - tried that) - basically stone dead Blue Box.

121.6 volts on the mains

25.76 VDC on the battery terms

Anything to try (distributor is 500 miles away) -

Thanx - Bill

Multiplus-II
6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

Do you have an MK3 cable? (to connect Multi to computer via usb)

If so you can use VE-configure to connect to the Multi and see what it's status is + check settings.

0 Likes 0 ·
wburton avatar image wburton boekel ♦ commented ·

I was going through the CGGX and ethernet (VRM). Looks like that went away also.

FYI - still all the original settings (I think), al least, no dip switches changed, gone before I did anything. Just the updates when it connected to the net.

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ wburton commented ·

You'll really need this cable - or even better: someone with this cable and a bit of experience to help you on your way.

What settings did you (try to) send to the Multi?

0 Likes 0 ·

OK - cable ordered

I was not sending any settings to the inverter. LOL - you have to know what you have before you change it. This was:

A) software update (automatic - at that point, I didn't realize that auto update was set out of the box.

B) establishing comms.

C) Manual reading (owners and service) had disclosed that the charge profile was for wet cell lead/acid and the batteries are going to be LiFePO4

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ wburton commented ·

Ok, hope you get the cable soon, for now only thing to try: remove all Ve.bus cables, remove AC/DC power for a while and reconnect batteries, try to turn on the unit.

0 Likes 0 ·

I've left it powerless (AC/DC/ethernet) for 24 hours, still a dead Blue Box. I pulled all power and basically wired around it because the transfer switch does not work. Pointing to the power supply or lack thereof.

Really thinking of pulling it out, rewiring back to 12v and putting the Xantrex 458 MSW back in and using that until I get time to deal with it. At least it works. 2000 miles (3000km) to travel and it's getting to be time to go.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Hi Wburton,

Be aware that the auto update ONLY updates the CCGX and the BMV 712, the firmware is not updated on the Multiplus so no changes should have occurred there.

Have you setup the VRM on the CCGX as your dealer can then remote log in and check things out for you, could save you a heap of running around.

also Try disconnecting the CCGX from the multi and see if it fires up

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wburton avatar image
wburton answered ·

Guys / gals - thanx for all your help - it was operator error. I had the control switch in the center and thought it was a push button, not realizing that it was a 3 position switch. Normal - off - charger only.

2 comments
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

O what fun we are having :):):):)

Thanks for the truthful update and the followup post

Been there done that

0 Likes 0 ·
wburton avatar image wburton Paul B commented ·

LOL - your right Paul - I had the front cover off - pushing the button in the center - watching the CB flex - and pushing it dead center (I've been known to overpush things in the past) and never tried rocking it at the top or bottom, so it was in the OFF position.

As a former master electrician, then power electrical engineer, admitting that you don't know something, providing feedback, to me anyway, is important to the learning process for us all. Hiding, not admitting (while bad for the ego) doesn't get us "down the road" to better knowledge.

Directions need to be clearer that the center control button is really a rocker switch would help wonders. (And i did go back and reread that section again)

0 Likes 0 ·