question

maxwhitby avatar image
maxwhitby asked

Monitoring the temperature of a MultiPlus II 48V 8000VA

I would like to keep an eye on the temperature of my MultiPlus II 48V 8000VA inverter charger. reading previous posts, it looks like this information is not currently available in VRM. Please correct me if I am wrong!

So I am considering installing a Ruuvi bluetooth sensor. This can be monitored nicely in VRM including working with alarm logic. My question is... where is the best physical location on or within the MultiPlus to position this device (which is the size of a large coin)?

Thanks in anticipation of advice.

regards from Northumberland in the UK

Max Whitby

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The best place to mount a temperature sensor would be close to the top vent of the unit where the warm air comes out.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jeanmarie avatar image
jeanmarie answered ·

If you have a CerboGX, you could use the temperature sensor delivered usually with a multiplus to measure it.

Just plug it, activate temp. sensor 1 in Cerbo's menu and that's it ;)

2 |3000

maxwhitby avatar image
maxwhitby answered ·

Thanks very much for the quick responses. Yes I do have a Cerbo GX and the temperature problem that came with the MultiPlus II. I will do as you both suggest.

2 |3000

maxwhitby avatar image
maxwhitby answered ·

sorry autocorrect "problem" = "probe"

2 |3000