question

Jonathan Manjoro avatar image
Jonathan Manjoro asked

Fronius switches on and off in backup mode (Error State 105 and 560)

Hi there

I have a Victron 8kVa Quattro connected to a Fronius Primo 5 and a Smart Solar450/100, and a Freedom Won 20/16 battery

When in ON GRID mode, everything operates perfectly, but as soon as we lose grid, the Fronius shuts down and tries to restart again, showing Error State 105.

Sometimes it connects and starts producing, showing Error State 560, then it stops again and keeps on trying to reconnect.

As soon as grid comes back, everything gets back to normal again.

Please assist

Fronius
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Jonathan Manjoro

Both are frequency related errors, swhat is the ESS programmed to do. And what is the frequency in the system when the errors occur.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jonathan Manjoro avatar image
Jonathan Manjoro answered ·

The ESS is set to OPTIMISED WITHOUT BATTERY LIFE, and I havent had a chence to look at the frequencies at which this happen, however I have discovered the frequency to be rising quickly to above 52Hz just before the Fronius trips.

We are also having a technical issue with the Freedom Won battery (it's not charging beyond 93% and the reset button is not working), I'm not sure if this could be related to the Fronius issue

If the battery issue and the Fronius issue are not related, please assist on the way forward, otherwise I can sort out the battery, then write back to you once everything is working perfectly

Thanks

2 |3000