question

kaarthik avatar image
kaarthik asked

in a micro grid how do i avoid surplus pv power feed back to genset,if grid is there surplus pv need to feed back to grid?

Multiplus-II
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

james-davy avatar image james-davy commented ·

I have also needed a bit of help with this question. I would like to know how to prevent feed back into the genset and into the grid. I have read as much as I can find at this point and would appreciate a few pointers as i have not done too many of these systems yet.

I just would like the microgrid to supply power to the loads and charge the battery (which is undersized - I hope to use the grid very little (because it is unreliable) and we have the generator starting up based on SOC - instruction from the CCGX so that the gen can charge up and power loads when the battery gets too low.

It is a 3 phase 45kva Victron/Fronius microgrid. Grid is on Input 1 and Generator is on Input 2. Fronius 3phase Eco 27kva is on the Output. There is 21.46kwp on the fronius and 11.1kwp divided between 2 x 250/100 mppts.

Advice, would be much appreciated.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
alan avatar image
alan answered ·

The pv inverter assistant needs to be loaded into the multi however yes in period of a ramp up in PV production, sun burst etc... the Grid tie inverter wont ramp down fast enough and will trip out a inverter generator.

I found that AVR gensets handle the short overload a lot better.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Fijn avatar image
Rob Fijn answered ·

Maybe you can use the energy to drive a compressor or motor to store this energy. Or pump water up... and let it go down when needed this energy again.

Just a thought.

Rob

2 |3000