question

Hendri de Wit avatar image
Hendri de Wit asked

Limit charging from grid but not generator

Good day

I Would like to know if the following setup is possible with a Quattro:

We experience load shedding and the setup I want is as follows. During daytime a solar charge controller charges batteries and supplies AC loads through the inverter. If AC loads are too large they are supplemented from the grid. At night the batteries will be completely discharged at around 21:00. The grid should never charge the batteries.

In the event of a grid outage I want the batteries to supply critical loads until the generator starts up automatically. The generator should then supply all AC loads as well as charge the batteries. During quite times the generator should switch off if the batteries are charged at my set SOC %. The charging of the batteries is thus to get through quite times without needing to start the generator.

Thus my question in summary:

1.To which AC in should the grid and generator respectively be connected for optimal functionality in this situation?

2.Can you limit the charge from grid while grid is active and allow charging from the generator in grid outage times?

3. I have read through the generator functions and am I correct in saying you can adjust the generator to switch off during quite times as long as battery SOC is at the required level?

Regards

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

1.To which AC in should the grid and generator respectively be connected for optimal functionality in this situation?
-see manual

2.Can you limit the charge from grid while grid is active and allow charging from the generator in grid outage times?

-yes, but you need to make some connections in the quattro and set some assistants (not difficult), to make the distinction between grid and generator.

3. I have read through the generator functions and am I correct in saying you can adjust the generator to switch off during quite times as long as battery SOC is at the required level?

-yes, but you need a Venus device so be able to set 'quiet hours'.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

petajoule avatar image petajoule commented ·

"-yes, but you need to make some connections in the quattro and set some assistants (not difficult), to make the distinction between grid and generator."

Can you elaborate?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Hendri de Wit

You can use the charge current control assistant.

Are you using ESS assistant?

It allows you to control depth of discharge and charge from grid as well as controlling charge from grid.

AC inputs can be set on a GX device. Usually generator is on AC2 unless you want to use it for black starts.

2 |3000