question

elewis33 avatar image
elewis33 asked

How to save a custom charge profile with Victron Blue Smart IP67?

I'm using the Victron Blue Smart IP67 12/25 charger and had to setup a custom charge profile, according to my battery supplier's instructions. I also use this same charger on a different smaller battery and want to use the standard Li-ion charge profile. Unfortunately when I switched to the standard Li-ion profile my custom settings went away, and they're no longer available to use.

Does anyone know if there's a way to save custom settings? I don't see anything in the manual, and I assume the answer is no. Maybe we can suggest a fix/change to the firmware to enable saving different custom profiles? Anyone know how we might be able to make that suggestion?

charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@elewis33

As with other chargers you can create custom presets under advanced. And name them.

9 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
elewis33 avatar image elewis33 commented ·
I know how to create and save the custom settings. But when I switched the charger back to one of the presets the custom settings went away.

Or am I missing something here?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ elewis33 commented ·

You should be able to go into the preset and reload the one you saved as simply as picking one of the factory presets.

Did you actually click save the profile? I have more than 10 custom profiles saved and can switch between them at will.

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Link is weird..??
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Shouldnt have been a link... So yeah weird? So edited out
0 Likes 0 ·
elewis33 avatar image elewis33 Alexandra ♦ commented ·
OK, I was able to find my mistake. I needed to use the "create profile" option. However, once I do this once that option is now greyed out and I'm not able to create any other profiles. Nor can I remove any of the presets. I thought I might be able to remove a preset and that would make room to create a new profile, but no go.

Which charger do you have, that allows you to create 10 custom profiles?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ elewis33 commented ·

Victron Connect stores them on your phone/device. So it has nothing to do with a specific charger.

I can go to any site with the profile and upload it.

You cannot delete the firmware coded presets.

Among others I have the IP65 smart...

0 Likes 0 ·
elewis33 avatar image elewis33 Alexandra ♦ commented ·
How do you explain the fact that the "Create profile" menu is greyed out and I can't seem to add any more profiles?
0 Likes 0 ·
elewis33 avatar image elewis33 elewis33 commented ·
Found it, thanks. This app is not so intuitive to use. I appreciate your responses.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic