question

brent-carroll avatar image
brent-carroll asked

Quattro will (now) only start if I redetect it from CCGX

First some background - I have a complete Victron system in a caravan I outfitted. The system has been running flawlessly for about two years with very frequent use. Also, I frequently go through and keep the firmware fresh on everything.

Suddenly today, my Quattro would not turn on with or without shore power (turning on manually to Inverter via the Inverter/Off/Charger button), something I have done at least 1000 times successfully.

I did read here somewhere to try the redetect the inverter via the CCGX, and this actually works every time, but it's a pain now to have to do that, and makes me think something is awry.

The only thing I can think of is that while disconnecting shore power to the van earlier today (the line coming in was still hot), I may have jiggled the power cord it a but much while disconnecting.

Initially I was thinking I may have fried the mains detector, but as I said charging and inverting work fine after the CCGX redetect. I checked the Alarm Logs on the CCGX and VRM Portal, and nothing popped up.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this would be greatly appreciated.

Brent

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
brent-carroll avatar image
brent-carroll answered ·

So... after several days of thinking over this problem, I finally solved it.

I deleted and reloaded the VE.BMS Assistant on the Quattro and now all is well.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

henri-bergius avatar image henri-bergius commented ·
Thanks! We have the same issue on the regular MultiPlus. Will have to try that.
0 Likes 0 ·