question

fmj avatar image
fmj asked

Why is the inverter making this noise ? Was always silent?

Never Made this noise before since 2020

Installation…..

Since August 2022 I have this noise …

Once connected to grid noise appears …

No noise once main grid Power is off Line ….. and inverting to power the residence …..

Pls see attached video

Is this a coil whine or transformer noise ?

IMG_6572.MOV

Thanks for the help …. Advise

Multiplus-II
img-6572.mov (33.7 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

When it is attached to the grid it will be doing things like frequency shifting for LOM detection etc, this all produces hums and other soothing sounds.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

fmj avatar image fmj commented ·
Thanks for your help.
0 Likes 0 ·
fmj avatar image
fmj answered ·

Thanks for the message.

2 |3000

philippem avatar image
philippem answered ·

Hi I have the same problem, seems it is stressing a bit the inverter, mine is also getting hot. I couldn t find a solution so I take off the grid. I like the Victron products but there are many quality issues, Victron always replace them under warranty. Now I just load them at 50% and don t connect to grid. My installation is working very smoothly that way.

1 comment
2 |3000

fmj avatar image fmj commented ·
Thnks for the message and your findings …

0 Likes 0 ·