question

mtpockets avatar image
mtpockets asked

MPPT controller not listed on the app

I have recently replaced a go power charge controller with a Victron MPPT 150/ 100 smart controller, a smart shunt, a cerbo GX and a GX touch 50. The cerbo GX and smart shunt came up on the app as soon as I started up the system, but the smart controller will not. I have restarted my I phone, unplugged and shut down batteries and solar panel input, but still nothing. The controller shows on the touch 50 display screen and shows power coming in and charging the batteries but nothing on the app. Any ideas???

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Mtpockets

Just guessing here, but presumably you have all your kit wired to the Cerbo. Disable any bluetooth (Smart) networking you might have set up 'because it's there'. And if the access point you're using can do wifi rather than bt to the Cerbo, then try that.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @Mtpockets

What is the part number of the SmartSolar? This can be found on the sticker on the product.

When it is SCC010100210 or SCC010100310, then it is not able to provide both bluetooth for VictornConnect and be connected a Cerbo GX.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

mtpockets avatar image
mtpockets answered ·

Part # SCC115110411

2 |3000

mtpockets avatar image
mtpockets answered ·

I need to find a way to adjust the charging parameters for the batteries, but can't do it without the device on the app.

2 |3000

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi,

When the Cerbo is connected to VRM you can also connect to the MPPT via the Cerbo on the Remote tab in VictronConnect (after signing in to VRM in VictronConnect). This allows you to change the settings on the MPPT.

In the Product Info menu (accessible via the cog wheel in the upper right of the MPPT settings menu), there might also be a toggle to enable/disable bluetooth. Perhaps the bluetooth is disabled for some reason?

When the toggle is not there and the MPPT is not visible in the local tab in VictronConnect, it suggests that the internal bluetooth dongle in the MPPT is malfunctioning and I would advise you to contact the seller for warranty.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000