question

Paul B avatar image
Paul B asked

3 x Multi plus 3000 24 volt units input current limit and charge current problem

3 x multipus 24/3000 in parallel

Issue if I set the input current limit to say 20 amps. and then apply loads of say 18 amps then the input current exceeds this buy the battery charger setting power.

I then have to limit the battery current way down to say 6 amps per unit at 24 volts so that I can stay under the 20 amp current limit. while running other loads

I would have thought that the charging would have been reduced first to zero rather then exceeds the max current limit set when other loads are used.

also if I raise the max charge rate to 70 per inverter then the amps drawn goes way over the 20 amp limit eve with no loads.

have tried this with the DMC and the CCGX and by checking that the changes have been applied correctly to each inverter with ve config and they have been

firmware version 459

any ideas out there, pain in the backside changing the battery current limit setting all the time

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

Hi @Paul B
Did you get it working by now? is this system connected to internet so a developer can look into it?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

Hi Paul,

Can you share the configuration you use? and just to be sure: it's not a 3 phase system, correct?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

Hi John,

Its a single phase parralle system 3 x 3000 24v multiplus

if each multi is set to have a charge current of 70 amps total 210 amps

and then if I reduce the current to say 20 amps on the DMC as the AC loads are running at say 15 amps,

Then in reality I get a 35 amp current draw from the mains as the chargers go to MAX 210 amps 24 volts (about 21 amps at 230) plus the current AC load on AC1 out of 15 amps so I get a overload. and the only way I can stop iot is to reduce the chargers down to 6 amps each

So in Overview

the current DMC limit ONLY applies to the AC loads and the battery charging does not seem to be accounted for

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

you say:
have tried this with the DMC and the CCGX and by checking that the changes have been applied correctly to each inverter with ve config and they have been

how do you check with each inverter? the inverters should show up as on unit shouldn't they?

how did you configure for parallel setup?

1 comment
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

Used VE bus Quick configure

then checked each using inverter VE.Bus System Configurator and then right clicked o0n each inverter and check the configuration using VE config

I can send you the configuration file if you wish

0 Likes 0 ·