question

Len avatar image
Len asked

I have a blue solar mppt controller in my motorhome. Could i connect a 12v usb charger socket to the load output. Mostly for charging tablets and phones overnight.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
solgato avatar image
solgato answered ·

Yes, you can wire in USB charge ports or a cigarette style 12V outlet. You are obviously limited to whatever the load output is limited to, but that should be much higher than typical charge ports.

You will also be able to set parameters using the App like alarms or cutoffs if the devices you are charging or powering start draining your battery more than you want.

For example I have a BlueSea systems double USB port wired to one of my MPPT 75/15 chargers to charge and power devices on my boat including phones, tablet, flashlight, etc..

One thing to note, if you are running at 24V or higher you will need a DC to DC converter wired between the Load outputs and your 12V ports as the Load Output puts out same Voltage as your system is charging at.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.