question

Tom Ranson avatar image
Tom Ranson asked

ESS best practices and dynamic cut-off voltage for flooded lead acid batteries

Hi all, could someone please educate me on the use of ESS with flooded lead acid batteries (and the dynamic cut-off voltage values). I am looking for best practice for ESS configuration, and specifically configuration of the dynamic cut-off voltage values, for a 24V 480Ah flooded flat plate lead acid bank of 8x 6V Leoch DT126 240Ah batteries in series/parallel (and a Multiplus ii with SmartShunt and Cerbo GX). This is for a grid parallel implementation.

From my research, I am aware of the potential issues with the MP ii going into sustain mode too soon due to the optimistic default values. And also issues with overly conservative low battery voltage alarms. I am experiencing both of these issues.

I have spent many hours researching this and haven't come up with any solid answers as yet. Please do educate me. Many thanks!

ESSlead-acid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
gianmarco avatar image
gianmarco answered ·

I'm upping your post since your problem is my problem. Same kind of batteries here (tubular plate Opzs) and I'm going mad to setup the dynamic cut-off. In the "shutdown on low voltage" I set 46.2V, but I don't know if the default values in VE.configure are correct.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic