question

yurigoosen avatar image
yurigoosen asked

multiplus II 48/3000 GX on 25A breaker

Hi all,

i want to design a system as close to zero return as possible using multiplus II 48/3000 GX and 10KWh battery.

my house is single phase 35Amp fuse.
my largest load is an induction hob at about 7KW, sometimes together with an oven (3KW) and some other small loads.
effectively potential loads much larger than 5KW peak load for this inverter.
is there a way to limit the peak load and can i use 20/25Amp breaker in C-characteristic (slow), i'm not comfortable using 32Amp breaker on 35Amp main fuse.

another challenge i have to solve is the inverter will be in the attic, far away from the main breakerbox, limiting maximum current would save me the trouble replacing wires to the attic.

thanx for any advice/reply.

yuri

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
ludo avatar image
ludo answered ·

For the 3kw of the multi 16a should be enough, the reduction should be possible with ESS.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@yurigoosen

You need a 5kva not a 3kva for the loads you are proposing. Especially if you are wanting continuous power assist conditions.

The peaks you are referring to cannot be sustained that is why they are called peaks not continuous. The tech specs show it can add its total inverting power to the max input current (in your case you are not wanting to use its entire potential input)

Then you set your input current limit max to match the breaker you install.

2 |3000

ludo avatar image
ludo answered ·

Alexandra, to my experience the reduction of the power is only valid for "load" condition, and ignored when feeding back to the grid.

2 |3000

yurigoosen avatar image
yurigoosen answered ·

wiring in my house limit me to using AC-in only, the inverter will not have AC-out connected.

my primary goal is reducing feed-in of excess solar power, on average 10KWh feed-in and 10KWh usage per day.

for now i am not going to feed back battery-power to the grid

my main concern is having the inverter on 32A breaker, necessary for 5KW peak, i understand but i rather have limited peak power vs melting main fuse (inaccessible for me)

2 |3000

ludo avatar image
ludo answered ·

You only have a 3kw inverter, a16a fuse is correct for this size, the unit does NOT support 5kw peak.

2 |3000