question

roks avatar image
roks asked

Multiplus-II Ve,Bus error 11

Hi,

Does anyone know what this error actually is? I've had a look at the LED on the victron toolkit, its not very intuitive.

I have the unit disconnect and setup on a workbench and I am getting this error. The inverter seems to be working, when AC in is switched, it is tripping the relays then the leds start flashing.

Regards,

roks

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

roks avatar image
roks answered ·

Thanks Alexandra,

I hope its wiring and not a faulty board or device. Its a 2nd hand device, I am waiting for the MK3 to arrive, will hook it up and update the firmware incase it had a grid code selected...although I am in UK so not sure.

Also, if it was a slave unit in the previous setup, by removing it does become a standalone or does it need resetting?

Regards

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
It has to be reprogrammed to stand alone.
0 Likes 0 ·
roks avatar image
roks answered ·

Thanks, I have updated the firmware from 470 to 497 the latest one with VictronConnect.

I then reset all system settings with VEConfigure (had to google for the grid code password).

The inverter and charger now working, no errors.

2 |3000

roks avatar image
roks answered ·

OK, looks like there is still some intermittent issues? Unit is still on the bench, I noticed this morning after turning off AC-IN to simulate grid failure, it tried to switch inverter on then immediately the Low Battery led came on, after couple of minutes it tries to invert again but cant. Battery has been on float over night, 51v, I tried switching the Multiplus on/off, still the same, so I just left it on and it eventually turned in the inverter by itself.

I don't know if its the test batteries (12x 18650 cells 2.5Ah) or if there is underlying fault with the unit.

I also noticed in the venus log, BF safety test in progress Failing on step 6

2 |3000

roks avatar image
roks answered ·

Does anyone know what "BF safety test" is and what is failing at step 6?

2 |3000

georgebester avatar image
georgebester answered ·

My safety test fails on step 8 not step 6 like yours

2 |3000