question

yashtir avatar image
yashtir asked

Grid Tied Inverter on existing Quattro Inverter

Hello,

I have 2 Victron Quattro inverters of 15 kVA dc coupled with a 48 V Lead Acid Battery bank.

We wish to synchronize 3 x Huawei SUN2000-5KTL-L1 with the Victron system. The Victron system will act as grid and the Huawei inverters will be configured for net zero export. However from the response time of the net zero export, for a brief time of 5s, power is exported (as shown in figure).

Can someone please confirm if such a system will work without damaging the Victron inverter?

1664368188159.png

offgrid-schema.png

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargermicrogrid
1664368188159.png (67.9 KiB)
offgrid-schema.png (102.9 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alistair Warburton avatar image Alistair Warburton commented ·

AC Connected Solar is supported but as far as I know only with speciffid devices. Fronius inverters are definatly supported, they are what Victron recomend and will show up in your GX device when configured.

When connected to the Multi/Quatro output, the solar inverters are controlled by the Victron changing the AC frequency a little which causes the Fronius to back out.

I Do not know if this will work with any other makes but There is a guide for AC-Coupled Solar

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ac_coupling:fronius

Hope that helps, at the very least it should show youu where to look.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·
answered by alistair  as above
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.