question

Russell Brown avatar image
Russell Brown asked

AC1 output RV side Breaker

One thing confuses me re sizing the correct breaker for AC 1 output. If you hooked to 15A shore power + using the multiplus power assist, then your looking at around 28 Amps from AC1 output.

if you allowed for that and to be conservative put in say a 25A breaker on AC1 output. Then when your not using shore power and using batteries only, then the breaker is too big for inverter only which is only going to be around 12-13 Amps.

This to me is a problem as inverter only then the AC1 output is not being protected properly.

Am I missing something, is there a way to properly allow for and protect AC1 output when using Shore + Inverter and then when your off grid and Inverter only ?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
pau1phi11ips avatar image
pau1phi11ips answered ·

The breaker is there to protect the cabling not equipment. This is pretty basic electrical engineering.

The inverter will try to meet power demand. If more is required, it can produce more for a short time and then will turn off. You don't need to worry about it.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Russell Brown avatar image Russell Brown commented ·
Thanks, makes sense. Just overthinking it.
0 Likes 0 ·