question

maxwhitby avatar image
maxwhitby asked

Is there a way to change settings using VictronConnect on a MultiPlus II that is connected to a Cerbo GX?

Hello I would like to regularly change the maximum charge rate setting in my MultiPlus II 8000/48 110. This is easy and straightforward using VictronConnect on a PC using a VE.Bus to USB adapter. But my MultiPlus II is normal connected to a Cerbo GX using the same interface.

I know it is possible to change the charge rate setting via the Remote Console and VEConfgure. But uploading and downloading the settings file is not very convenient.

Any better suggestions please?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

If you use DVCC you can set max charge voltage(managed batteries only)/current via remote console.

Of course read the manual and make sure it is appropriate for your environment.

screenshot-2022-09-27-at-135014.png

8. DVCC - Distributed Voltage and Current Controlhttps://www.victronenergy.com › media › CCGX › dvc...

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

maxwhitby avatar image
maxwhitby answered ·

Thank very much Nick. That is most helpful. If I enable DVCC and change only the current limit, are there any other consequences or implications to be aware of? I do have a connected Seplos BMS via CAN bus, which I am using as my SOC data source.

On a different point, I note importantly from Victron's documentation:

5) In all situations, the maximum charge limit configured in a device itself, ie. the Charge current limit set with VictronConnect or VEConfigure for the Solar chargers or Inverter/chargers will still be in effect. An example to illustrate this: in case there is only an Inverter/charger in the system, and in VEConfigure or VictronConnect the charge current is configured to 50 Amps. And on the GX Device, a limit of 100A is configured, then the working limit will be 50 Amps.

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

With a managed battery and solar chargers, you really should have it on anyway.

Supported batteries force it on for this reason.

Individual limits of devices are still enforced but DVCC will coordinate the devices to honour what the battery is setting as its limits, within the individual constraints.

0 Likes 0 ·