question

rhalotel avatar image
rhalotel asked

Which control function on VE.Can bus in inverter are supported

Dear Victron exprerts, please I have question about device control function via CAN Vreg messages, in documentation is described 0,1,2,8,16 bits in 0x0202 register for set device mode on/off/inverter,charger only. But I would to know about VE.Regs or NMEA2K supports any other remote control functions like: force discharging, set power , current, charge setpoints.

Thank you

VE.Can
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi rhalotel, those sort of commands are not available via can bus. Perhaps this is more what you are looking for:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:ess_mode_2_and_3

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rhalotel avatar image rhalotel commented ·

Dear Matthijs Vader , when we will use MK2 protocol for activating these commands which ram/settings registers is needed to write for example to start charging at 10Amp immediately?

Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·

Ok , already I have seen 3.6 chapter , thank you.

Kind regards

Radoslav

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Sorry; but as explained in that document, we don’t give support on the mk2 protocol; also not on the modbustcp ess part, unless this is agreed upon and part of a huge commercial project: 1000s of inverter/chargers.

It all depends on type of battery used (does it accept the charge?) type of system used (ess? Then set the grid point to max; or to 10A) and so forth. My recommendation is to setup a test system next to your desk and start experimenting.

1 comment
2 |3000

Dear Matthijs Vader, thank you, we are experimenting with 3 phase system phoenix inverters. Tests with VE.Can was successfull - data reading, also change modes on,off,only inverter/charger mode, but in charger mode inverter charging not started . Can we set any inverter settings for automatic start charging when specified battery voltage condition was specified in "on" device mode? Also we want to stop charging, but I hope that this function provides change device mode to inverter mode only. I think that charging profile is more static settings, depends on battery type and it is not very desirable to change this settings often or remotely.We will happy in this time, if we have solution for 2 functions on VE.Can: inverter charge battery automatic in 'on/only charger' mode and also can stop charging anytime.

Thank you ,

Kind regards

Radoslav

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic