question

peter-3 avatar image
peter-3 asked

DVCC not working ?

Does anyone have this working ?

A have a raspberry venus os 2.90-10 , 2 x mppt controller and now 2 smart stunt , one as a battery monitor and the other a dc load monitor connected to my inverter .

Like :- DVCC not compensating for inverter - Victron Community (victronenergy.com)

it will not compensate for the extra load , I've deleted the smart networking from each device , tried rebooting , checking every setting .

If 20 amp are coming from the controllers with a 10 amp load and I set the limit to 15 amps it sets the controller's 15 amps not the maximum going into the battery which is now 5 amps .

CAN I FIX IT WITH NODE-RED

Can I read the load and just set the dvcc limit to 15 amp + load every 5 seconds ? or would the charges be saves somewhere and saved to flash ?

THAT IDEA WORKS

I've tried that idea and it works to within 1 amp , so if I set a maximum of 10 amp the charge is 9.0 to 11 amps , better now it will raise with the load.

DVCC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
joelsahlen avatar image
joelsahlen answered ·

Do you have any function in regards to DVCC?

I have the following problem, Zero settings in DVCC works as expected.

DVCC current limit and/or voltage limits is ignored.

ESS charge limits is ignored.

Setup
3 multiplus 2 in 3phase setup.

RPI4 8GB 1.4 connected via Mk3 USB.

Leaf DIY powerwall, no BMS integrations.

OS version Beta 2.91-1

Same setup worked with DVCC with Cerbo GX.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

puitl avatar image
puitl answered ·

- DVCC only works with a BMS that communicates with the System

- Max. charge limit only affects on charging from the grid/AC-in with the Multiplus when DC Feed-In is activated.
When DC Feed-In is disabled then it affects also on charging from the MPPT`s

1 comment
2 |3000

joelsahlen avatar image joelsahlen commented ·

DVCC worked fine with my Cerbo GX, I could limit the charge Amps. This is not possible with the RPI on 2.91. Tested with both RPI3 and RPI4. I do have a JK BMS and its not connected to the RS485,

0 Likes 0 ·
glover5563 avatar image
glover5563 answered ·

Same issue here. Any progress?

2 |3000

peter-3 avatar image
peter-3 answered ·

I've made my own version with node-red , I set the maximum charge limit to ( dc load amp node / current amps ) + my max limit + 1 and feed it into ( setting control node / dvcc maximum charge current ) and it's normally within 1 amp of what I set.

2 |3000

buddhafragt avatar image
buddhafragt answered ·

This bug still exist!!

I can not belive, Victron dont care about it, limiting the charge current is the most important feature of Venus...

2 |3000

Related Resources