question

khaber avatar image
khaber asked

Configuration MultPlus2

Hello and thank you in advance for your help!

Probably my question has been asked before! But it is a bit tedious to search through all posts.

I have the following installation:

pv-stromlaufplan1.jpg

The batteries are charged with the MPPT charger, the charger in the MultiPlus2 is deactivated.

For the case if the battery capacity is decreasing: How must I configure the MultiPlus2, with that the MultiPlus2 switches to the public grid?

Thanks, greetings, KH

Multiplus-II
pv-stromlaufplan1.jpg (114.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
ponzoa avatar image
ponzoa answered ·

Public grid is done through the ESS assistant. You'll likely need a GX device for the config and monitoring.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

khaber avatar image
khaber answered ·

Hi,

Thanks for the answer!

Is a GX device really necessary? Can the setting also be made via a PC?

The necessary interfaces (CAN to USB, UART to USB) are already available.

regards, KH

2 |3000

ponzoa avatar image
ponzoa answered ·

Without a GX you have no way of monitoring, remote configuration and updates etc. Also, while a PC with VE Direct is required to set up the Multi, as far as I am aware, most of the ESS settings are done in the GX so yes, I believe it is required - either way, it is highly recommended. I like the Cerbo GX as he best option.

2 |3000

khaber avatar image
khaber answered ·

Hi,

Can I make more settings on the MultiPlus2 and the MPPT charger with Cerbo GX than with VictronConnect? Are not all settings possible with VictronConnect? I don’t need continuous visualization.

regards, KH

10 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Only basic multiplus settings can be done via VC. You need veconfig for full access. MPPT’s can only be configured via the app.
0 Likes 0 ·
khaber avatar image khaber nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

Hi,

Thanks for this information, but for the MultiPlus2 I can only see only one difference between VictronConnect and VEConfig: Land / Grid CodeStandard cannot be set in VC.

I can configure the MPP perfectly with VC.

Did I miss something?

regards, KH

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ khaber commented ·
You can't do assistants and various other smaller/specific settings.
0 Likes 0 ·

ok thank you!

But are VC and the two USB interfaces are not enough, to solve my actual problem?

0 Likes 0 ·
Dunno. What’s your problem?

You seem to need ESS, that can’t be configured without veconfig and you need a GX.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ khaber commented ·

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Energy_Storage_System/en/index-en.html

You could also try to configure something with "AC ignore" (search in the community or google)

But you need a MK3 interface for that, the MultiPlus uses VE.Bus not Can, that is a special Victron protocol and is not compatible with standard Can or UART interfaces.

0 Likes 0 ·
khaber avatar image khaber Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Maybe I have found wrong words!

I have a MK3 interface (CAN to USB, for the MultiPlus2) and a VE.Direct Interface (UART to USB, for the MPPT). With VictronConnect I can make settings on both devices.

My problem is, that the MultiPlus2 does not switch to the mains supply (grid) when the battery is discharged.

I think that this should be adjustable via VictronConnect.

Vielleicht habe ich mich falsch ausgedrückt!

Ich habe ein MK3-Interface (CAN zu USB, für den MultiPlus2) und eine VE.Direct-Interface (UART zu USB, für den MPPT). Mit VictronConnect kann ich Einstellungen auf beiden Geräten vornehmen.

Mein Problem ist, dass der MultiPlus2 bei entladenem Akku nicht auf das 230V Netz umschaltet.

Ich denke schon, dass das rein über VictronConnect einstellbar sein sollte.

regards, Grüße, KH

0 Likes 0 ·

The MK3 is VE.bus to USB.

What you are trying to do is create the features of an ESS, but you haven't installed ESS nor have the GX that it requires.

The system does not work the way you want to without ESS, or alternatively getting creative with another assistant to try create some of what ESS does.

Please read the link provided on ESS, and watch the training videos.

https://professional.victronenergy.com/online-training/

0 Likes 0 ·

OK I thought VE.bus is physically a CAN bus.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ khaber commented ·
Wie ich oben schon geschrieben habe, ist VE.Bus KEIN Can-Bus.

VE.Bus ist ein spezieller Victron Bus.

0 Likes 0 ·