question

jerrylcaldwell avatar image
jerrylcaldwell asked

Using VictronConnect I make battery charge amperage changes but the charger continues to charge at the old setting. What am I missing to get the settings to take effect?

I need to reduce the charge rate from 70 amps to 40 amps while charging up individual batteries. I use Victron Connect and make the change. The charging amp line has a little green check appear after a few seconds. Problem is, the battery is still being charged at 70 amps. What am I missing to get the change to take effect.

Multiplus-II
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jerrylcaldwell avatar image jerrylcaldwell commented ·
I do have an assistant set up to turn charging on and off if that matters.
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

Does the MPPT show "External Control" for state?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jerrylcaldwell avatar image
jerrylcaldwell answered ·

Discovered the problem solution this morning. I have an assistant running in the MultiPlus that enables me to turn the charge function off when I just want shore power to bypass. This assistant also has a charge amp setting that over rides the primary setting. The assistant settings can only be accessed using Victron Config. So I set my PC up in the trailer this AM and was able to update the charger assistant to 40 amps and all is good now. It doesn’t make much sense to me as to why Victron has both the VictronConnect and VictronConfig where the connect has a few limited features. I generally use a Mac Laptop for my settings, but this one requires a PC. A real PITA.

1 comment
2 |3000

snoobler avatar image snoobler commented ·

Figured it was a BMS override or an assistant.

VeConfig is the old tool that is full featured.

VC is relatively new and started with the BT compatible for configuring a single component. It knows nothing about assistants... for now. It's intended to eventually replace VEConfig.

Assistants are for adding functions and features that customize behavior. Any rule/setting in a GX device or assistant will override all relevant component settings. If it didn't behave this way, it would be worthless.

If you ever want a global override on charge current and charge voltage, you can use DVCC in VRM Remote Console online or in app.

0 Likes 0 ·