question

ako avatar image
ako asked

Multiplus strange operation

Multiplus 24/1200/25 when the switch from generator is first turned on the Charger light flashes , tried leaving it a minute or two but continues to flash . Turn Multiplus off then to charger only without disconnecting generator and after 30 seconds which I assume is for it to synchronise it constant yellow and charging . Turn Multiplus off again then on to normal running position for Inverter/Charger and steady Yellow Light , constant charge .

Each time i use it for charging the first 30 minutes the output is erratic then settles down to steady Bulk Charge then Adsorption . All settings other than Voltage set-points are default .

The Multiplus doesn't appear to be regulating from the Cerbo Temperature Sensor . The DVCC is on and shared Temperature sense is selected but not the shared Voltage sense as I think the Multiplus gets its own from the Busbar but the VE Bus Summary shown the Multiplus is going from Bulk to Absorption at the Voltage set points and not at a lower Temperature compensated voltage .

2022.png

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2022.png (29.7 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@AKO

Settings and battery?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
ako avatar image
ako answered ·

Settings on the Multiplus are all default except for the slight decrease on charge setpoint down from 28.8 to 28.4 UPS which i tried both on and off , made no difference . Battery 7 month old 4 x 6 AGM 400 amp hours and voltage of 24.5 volts .

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
What is your charge current and is it within the c rating it was designed for? How long was absorption charge?
0 Likes 0 ·
ako avatar image
ako answered ·

Charge current is correct , in Bulk its taking the maximum the Multiplus is supposed to provide which is 25 amps , battery C20 charge rating is maximum of 40 amps , my stand alone charger has about the same charge output as the Multiplus and provided a constant charge immediately and remains that way until l it gets to Absorption voltage .

2 |3000