question

rolandp avatar image
rolandp asked

Hello! Who can help me with a Modbus TCP connection to the CCGX? Under which unit ID can the address 2901 be read or written?

Modbus TCP
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Did you try Unit ID 100?

6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rolandp avatar image rolandp commented ·

Hello! I have to pick up the topic again, with UNIT-ID 100 I can not read the register 2901. Who can help me? I would like to specify the minimum discharge value SOC via Modbus. Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Pat Davitt avatar image Pat Davitt rolandp commented ·

I assume you have ESS enabled in your system since register 2901 refers to "ESS Minimum SoC (unless grid fails)"
Are you getting an error when you try to retrieve the value from Unit ID 100 or does it just return 0?

Not sure which device the dbus-service-name "com.victronenergy.settings" is referencing if it does not exist for ID 100. Victron can probably answer.
@Guy Stewart (Victron Energy Staff)
Pat

0 Likes 0 ·
Pat Davitt avatar image Pat Davitt Pat Davitt commented ·

Answered my own question. Both register 2900 and 2901 are readable from Unit ID 100. See screenshot below.

Pat

0 Likes 0 ·
rolandp avatar image rolandp Pat Davitt commented ·

I do not receive an error message, it simply comes a zero. Is it true that the 2901 is readable and writable? If Victron could say that, that would be great!

0 Likes 0 ·
Pat Davitt avatar image Pat Davitt rolandp commented ·

If you look in the "Modbus TCP Registry spreadsheet" there is a column named "Writable" that will tell you if the registry item is writeable or not.

Pat

0 Likes 0 ·
rolandp avatar image rolandp commented ·

Or in other words, how can I specify the SOC value via Modbus TCP to the CCGX? How do I have to address?

0 Likes 0 ·
Pat Davitt avatar image
Pat Davitt answered ·

You need to download the Modbus TCP Registry spreadsheet. In can be found here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/whitepapers

It also has a Unit ID to Device ID sheet.

Pat

2 |3000

rolandp avatar image
rolandp answered ·
Hello! The Modbus function to write register 2901 works, thanks for the support. I have another question: where can you read what the current utilization of the solarcharger is? Is the Maximlae Powerpoint visible in a Modbus register? I want to find out how much power reserve my solar panel still has to control a heating cartridge. Best regards, Roland
2 |3000

Related Resources