question

matthewlai avatar image
matthewlai asked

Multiplus 2 remote (wireless) current sensing

Hello!

I am looking to install a new grid-tied ESS with Multiplus 2, but there's not enough room near the distribution board to install the unit and batteries, so I would like to install them in another room in a AC parallel setup. However, that requires a current sensor on grid input.

Is there a way to use a wireless sensor for that? The two options I am aware of are current transformer and ET112, both of which require running a cable to the Multiplus 2?

Thanks

Multiplus-II
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie commented ·

You can us DTK wireless RS485 net work devices to connect the ET112, as i use these all the time on projects.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

0 Likes 0 ·
matthewlai avatar image matthewlai Rob Duthie commented ·
Thanks!
0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B Rob Duthie commented ·

Hi Rob could you please advise the exact models you are using and a ruff diagram of the connection setup for the TX and RX units, I am looking for a way to extend the victron AC sensor unit back to the AUX1 on the multiplus and its a long distance of a round 300 mtrs to the grid tie inverters, cabling is not a option due to possible EMP issues over that length, plus I have 3 units I need to connect - (Cabling works (ie twisted pair) but it cant be left installed as potential damage is two great)

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

answered by Rob

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie commented ·
Hi

DTK Electronics DRF2658C USB

DRF2658C RS485 connect to smart meter in meter box.

Wiring is very simple when you see the units

The USB unit into the raspi GX etc is plug and play.

The RS485 units is 5-24v PSU required and A,B connections for comms.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

0 Likes 0 ·