question

Leo Blok avatar image
Leo Blok asked

Multiplus 2 Overload

Hello,

I've got an Multiplus-II, MPPT 35-150 and a Venus Gx.

I configured for ESS. During teh day it's loading my Lion battery. 48v 20A

After day time I set max DC output 350W but it pulls more then 2400 Watt direct to the grid and then got's an error. The left middle lights of the Multiplus are flashing red.

What could be the problem?

Kind regards,

Leo

Multiplus-II
overload.jpg (43.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

where do you set 'max DC output 350W'?

what have you set as AC-in limit?

The problem I think is you're trying to use / test the system with a very small battery, and tried to limit 'inverter power' in ESS? you'll have to limit both 'inverter power' and 'limit charge power', but if the loads exceed the AC-in current limit I think it will pull more from the battery then the 'inverter power limit' allows (not 100% sure)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Leo Blok avatar image
Leo Blok answered ·

Hello,

I use a battery 48Volt/40Amp.

What I don't untherstand is why he put 2340W to the grid when my house only ask 300W.

I added my Ess setup.

ess-1.png (41.1 KiB)
ess-2.png (53.3 KiB)
7 comments
2 |3000

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

I see a load of 4800W, of wich 2400W comes from the grid, and 2700W comes from the batteries (the rest are losses / measuring errors)

You didn't tell us what settings are in the Multiplus so we cannot say what is happening. please share the VEConfigure settings. also the multi's setting in the Venus.

0 Likes 0 ·
Leo Blok avatar image Leo Blok boekel ♦ commented ·

Hello, Thanks for your help.

I renamed the file to txt otherwise I was unable to upload it.

All I want is the battery to charge only with solar power during the day. If the battery is charged, then transfer the solar power to the grid.

When there is no solar power don't charge the battery.

40bd32edffc8_inst_ttyO5_Interfaces_Mk2_Tunnel (3) .txt

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ Leo Blok commented ·

A lot of things don't make sense...I advice you to study how everything works before continuing.

You've got an AC-in limit of 16A so naturally the Multi will add power from the batteries.
You've got a VE.bus or CANbus BMS selected, what BMS are you using, and what are the parameters in the Venus?
You've got completely different discharge limits in the inverter settings (37.2V lower limit, rather low for a 14s battery) and the ESS assistant (48-52V)
Absorbtion and float are 56,8V and 54V, in an ESS system this means after the system switches to float the battery will discharge into the grid to get down to 54 volt.

Please stop experimenting until you have a BMS that controls the system (maybe you already have this? but you didn't mention it)

0 Likes 0 ·

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

I was thinking that when you install ESS they only use that parameters.

Regards,

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Likes 0 ·

I read the manual. I believe the problem is. The battery us using his own BMS. I tried to figure out if there is an on/off swith for the load an charge.

In the BMS software there is mentioded.

For now it works but when my battery is discharged for 94% the low battery led flashes.

Do you know if there is somewhere an explanation for al the settings in ve-configure?

Thanks again.

0 Likes 0 ·

Ctrl-H and then hover over a setting so see information.

0 Likes 0 ·