question

mitsenoj avatar image
mitsenoj asked

Multiplus-II only AC loads showing in VRN portal

This is my exact setup - clamp meter on incoming municipal supply - some non-critcal loads between clamp and Multiplus - critical loads on AC1 out. I am getting the correct readings as per images but had hoped there would be a split between between critical and non-critical loads but assuming you will only get that if I ditch the clamp and use a E112 meter in same postion ? Is this because the clamp meter replaces / effectivly moves the internal measurement of the current from inside multiplus to the remote position of the clamp - this vs adding a second reading like a E112 meter will ?

1663507447747.png

screenshot-2022-09-18-152014.jpg

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Have you enabled the AC loads view (inverter AC out) in the GX under ESS settings?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mitsenoj avatar image mitsenoj commented ·
I havnt got ESS installed as I have no solar...
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ mitsenoj commented ·

Then you won’t see that view on the dash.

You can create custom widgets for it under the vrm advanced view.

You can install ESS regardless just set it to keep batteries charged.

0 Likes 0 ·
mitsenoj avatar image
mitsenoj answered ·

So I think I am right - CT clamp is not the same as an external meter - so there is no way to show critical and non critical loads with a CT clamp as multiplus has no way of measuing this - found this thread:

1663703138086.png

1663703138086.png (231.2 KiB)
2 |3000