question

biglebowski avatar image
biglebowski asked

Charging a bluetti eb55

hi, I'd like to charge a Bluetti EB55. It has a 12-28v dc 200w max pv input. I could connect a 200W panel however as winter is approaching it will only charge at a fraction of this. I'd like to connect more higher power panels to charge at 200W in overcast conditions. How can I attach larger panels via a victron device which willl keep the input voltage less than 28V and the overall input power less than 200W? ideally the victron would shed load to another battery if the pv power in exceeds 200W. Note, the eb55 presumably has an mppt charge controller on its input, thanks

smart solar charging behaviour
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Why not add more of the same panels in parallel with the existing one? This way the maximum Voltage will not be exceeded.
Not 100% sure how the Buetti works, but if it does have a good MPPT section then it would only draw as much power from the PV array as it can. This is how the Victron MPPTs work anyway, you can add more PV and the MPPT will limit it's self to the maximum.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

biglebowski avatar image
biglebowski answered ·

Hi, thanks for your reply. The bluetti additionally states 8A on the pv input @ 28V

2 |3000

biglebowski avatar image
biglebowski answered ·

I just cheched their faq and it says the solar pv input shouldn't exceed their current and power limits. I think I'll have to place a controller in front of it, hopefully a victron, or an mppt and another battery if the victron has problems charging via another mppt or controller

2 |3000

k-k avatar image
k-k answered ·

Why not use a blue smart ip65 24V 8A in power supply mode?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic