question

djdemond avatar image
djdemond asked

Multiplus II won't start after ess assistant install

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/116162/multiplus-wont-turn-on-after-using-remote-veconfig.html

Like this my multiplus II 5000VA won't turn on. I installed ess using veconfigure, via mk3 cable, but now the unit won't turn on. When power is supplied it hums, so the transformer is connected but with the switch in position I and II no lights, nothing.

I cannot connect to it using veconfigure with pc or using raspberry pi running venus os.

Is there a reset procedure for the Multiplus?

In the question linked to above the problem was solved using an MPPT but I have none at this time. My plan is use ess and later AC coupled solar.

Grateful for any help.

Multiplus-IIESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
michael66 avatar image
michael66 answered ·

Do you have N from AC in and AC out 1 connected (direct or somewhere in the system). That would stop the MP from working in the ESS Mode I guess.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ponzoa avatar image
ponzoa answered ·

Don't share neutral. Correct earthing is essential.

Go into your GX and ensure the configurations are correct including activating the inputs and outputs. Configure ESS in the GX. You should test and configure with NO AC, just your batteries connected and the GX disconnected. Once configured and running, use a multimeter to check your inputs and outputs.

Good luck.

2 |3000

djdemond avatar image
djdemond answered ·

Thank you for helping.

No, I only had AC2 connected.

If the earth was not correct and the machine started up after ESS assistant install, and failed the ground relay test etc.. Might it fail to start in ESS mode?

Can the multiplus II be reset in some way, is there a hard reset to default settings possible on the MP II unit, without USB connection? I say this as I cannot connect to it using USB.

2 |3000