question

Philip avatar image
Philip asked

Two PV Inverters & Grafana

Is it possible to get yield from both PV inverters (AC -In and AC-Out) separately using Grafana/Nodered ? victron.jpgAt the moment I have a Grafana query like below and it works if there is just one PV Inverter - AC-Out or AC-In side:

SELECT mean("value") FROM "venus_default"."pvinverter/Ac/Power" WHERE $timeFilter GROUP BY time($__interval) fill(null)

This gives me, depending on wich on is faster, either yield from first or second one, but it does not sum up.
150W (180W at the moment of printscreen) + 120W should be 320W but grafana shows just one of them at a time.

sma-1.jpgsma-1.jpg(116.1 KiB)

sma-2.jpggrafana.jpg

AC PV Couplinggrafana
victron.jpg (53.3 KiB)
sma-1.jpg (116.1 KiB)
sma-2.jpg (100.3 KiB)
grafana.jpg (121.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
Philip avatar image
Philip answered ·

Anyone ?
If there are two PV-Inverters, on on AC-IN side and one on the AC-OUT side, how t get reliable data from them ?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mir avatar image
mir answered ·

Hy Philip,
I've quite the same problem, i have 2 PV-Inverters (Kaco Powador over RS485 own driver) on the Grid side. The Remote Console Sums up both correctly in the VRM Portal i can retrieve Information of both but in grafana i just have the /pvintverter path which directs to one of my inverters only.

Currently i didn't find a solution.

screenshot-2022-10-02-at-143303.png

Off - Topic:

Maybe you can help me out, i cannot get my inverter connected to the grid line in the Overview like yours. Would you mind sent me your outputs of

dbus -y

and

dbus -y com.victronenergy.pvinverter.XXXX / GetValue

where XXXX is your grid connected inverter (see path in 1st Command output)
best regards

Michi

2 |3000

mir avatar image
mir answered ·

Servus Philip,
i found the solution in the Manual

https://github.com/victronenergy/venus-docker-grafana#queries---where

You just have to ad an WEHRE clause to the Query with instanceNumber = xx

The Instance ID you find in the RemoteControl settings of your inverter or just hit the dropdown menu and select the valid ID

Hope this works for you also

Regards

Michi

2 |3000

Philip avatar image
Philip answered ·

Michi,

To get the inverters in right place you need to determin which one is where in the:

Settings > PV inverters > Inverters > "name of your inverter" > Position > and Select from AC Input 1 / AC Input 2 / AC Output

2 |3000

Philip avatar image
Philip answered ·

Michi,

Your solution works great, thanks !

Meantime I've also found some part of the solution --> in grafana you can also make a query to the ones below:

system/Ac/PvOnGrid/L1/Current
system/Ac/PvOnGrid/L1/Power
system/Ac/PvOnGrid/NumberOfPhases
system/Ac/PvOnOutput/L1/Current
system/Ac/PvOnOutput/L1/Power
system/Ac/PvOnOutput/NumberOfPhases

like:

SELECT mean("value") FROM "system/Ac/PvOnGrid/L1/Power" WHERE $timeFilter GROUP BY time($__interval) fill(null)

I found those as measurments in my Influxdb database and they do work. To get these, log on to your OS where your influxDB is using SSH and type:

influx #--- to get into InfluxDB commandline
> SHOW DATABASES
> USE "here type in your venus databse you use"
> SHOW MEASUREMENTS --- this will plot the list of all available options
> EXIT
2 |3000

mir avatar image
mir answered ·

The system Values are interesting too thank you.

Thanks for the tip with the Position i already tried around but problem was the system Type.

Regards Michi

2 |3000