question

henk-rademeyer avatar image
henk-rademeyer asked

ESS system, running genorator temporarily multiplus 2

Good day,

I am running a multiplus 2 with ess setup with south africa grid codes, during a recent cable theft I tried to charge the system using a backup generator with no luck.

I have a manual change over switch in the main DB switching all power between grid and genorator.

The multiplus gets power from the mains and the output go to a dedicated supply DB.

I tried changing the system from grid to generator on the cerbo, disabled Lom, enabled weak ac, disabled ups function and even triet to put the inverter to charge only but it did not connect to the generator supply

ESSGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
marc-heide avatar image
marc-heide answered ·

I would start to check eart neutral connection in your generator.

Im not sure about victron but with other manufacturers it is possible when the generator is floating and the earth relay is on. They will not be able to use the power supplied.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

henk-rademeyer avatar image henk-rademeyer commented ·

Thank you for response, the generator is earth neutral bonded at the connection point of the generator, this is done to enable the RCD devices downstream to work, and they do work when on genarotor but I will measure at the multiplus en verify

0 Likes 0 ·
baxter avatar image
baxter answered ·

Remove the grid code and try again.

2 |3000