question

sascha-brinkmann avatar image
sascha-brinkmann asked

Multiplus 2 GX Stuck at 100% SOC

This is my Setup

Yesterday, I've completly discharged my battey. Suddenly and without reason the SOC spiked to 95% and a bit later to 100% SOC.

1663175736774.png

Since then the SOC is stuck, even that the voltage is indicating that the SOC is definetly not 100% (see Screenshot below). Not only the SOC is stuck, also the activated ESS from the Multiplus doesn't charge or discharge anymore.

1663175796250.png

ESSSOC
1663175736774.png (109.6 KiB)
1663175796250.png (43.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
sascha-brinkmann avatar image
sascha-brinkmann answered ·

I was able to resolve the issue. At the end it was not related with the Multiplus or the BMS. The causing factor was a not 100% tightened screw. Before the reported error occurred, the battery was completely discharged with high current. It seems that the heavy usage charging and discharging caused to warm up the screwed connectors which caused that the screw terminals to loose the connection.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Torque settings are in the manual. Pretty important to get that right.
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Sascha Brinkmann

Your system is in a state known as sustain.

Check your bms has not switched off. Then set ESS to keep batteries charged until it has reached absorption again. (According to voltage)

1 comment
2 |3000

sascha-brinkmann avatar image sascha-brinkmann commented ·
How can I motivate the Multiplus to leave the sustain mode? Today the ESS didn't charged the battery when there was a surplus from the PV system. Can I activate charging to raise the battery SOC?
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

That chart is from the internal multiplus meter so it doesn’t look like the system is configured to use your (unsupported) BMS. I would solve that problem first.

If the environment isn’t configured right, issues will follow.

2 |3000

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic