question

tdv avatar image
tdv asked

Node-Red repair/re-install

Is there an easy way to completely reset your whole node red installation on a cerbo? I tried to change between normal and large images but (as expected) some of the node red settings files etc remained. Should I just delete the .node-red directory? Is there more that I can delete to make sure the installation is completely set back to standard when I do a large/normal switch.

Node-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
jeroen avatar image
jeroen answered ·

Yes, you can completely remove that. Don't forget to backup anything node-red related you care about, since all will be gone. E.g.

rm -rf /data/home/nodered/ && svc -t /service/node-red-venus/
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tdv avatar image tdv commented ·
Thanks @Jeroen - I assume after I removed it if I switch then to normal and back to large will it create a default node-red installation again?
0 Likes 0 ·
tdv avatar image tdv tdv commented ·
Or does the service restart automatically create everything needed?
0 Likes 0 ·
jeroen avatar image jeroen ♦ tdv commented ·
exactly, just copy the command and you are done. (Well when running a large-image with node-red enabled). The home dir will be recreated etc.
1 Like 1 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, to add: for anyone familiar with root access, see above instructions by Jeroen, they'll wipe out only the node-red settings.

For anyone else, the solution is to do a factory reset of the complete GX device. Explained in the manual:

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/factory-reset.html

Ofcourse this will reset all settings to default; not just the node-red section.

2 |3000